Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

This site is best viewed with a modern browser. You appear to be using an old version of Internet Explorer.

Please wait, loading

Advanced Therapeutic Radiographer

Band 7

Main area
Band 7
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Job ref
Churchill Hospital & Milton Keynes University Hospital
Oxford & Milton Keynes
£33,222 - £43,041 Per annum
30/11/2018 23:59

Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.

The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.

Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call this Delivering Compassionate Excellence and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.


Many of our recruitment programmes use Value Based Interviewing to identify those who have the skills we seek, who share our values and who are able to deliver compassionate excellence from the outset. We know that this makes a significant difference to your job satisfaction and above all the outcomes and experience of our patients and their families.

For more information about our Values and Value Based Interviewing please visit www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/vision-and-values


The Oxford Cancer Centre offers the perfect opportunity to work within a dynamic team dedicated to delivering holistic care for patients referred for radiotherapy.  You will be a key member of this team, based mainly at Milton Keynes University Hospital, but coming to Oxford Cancer Centre at the Churchill Hospital at least 1 day a week. The nature of the role means we are looking for a Therapeutic Radiographer with a broad range of clinical experience using advanced radiotherapy techniques who is able to work autonomously, prioritizing their time to ensure all aspects of the job role are met.

Roughly 60% of patients from Milton Keynes who require radiotherapy come to the Oxford Cancer Centre and we contract with a private provider in Milton Keynes to treat the remaining 40% of patients. We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Therapeutic Radiographer to work alongside the friendly oncology team at Milton Keynes as an expert resource for radiotherapy specific patient information and support. You will additionally provide NHS patients,  undergoing radiotherapy treatment with the private provider in Milton Keynes, access to all holistic needs assessments, referring appropriately to additional specialist support and will carry out treatment reviews.

As well as ensuring that information and support is available for Oncology patients at Milton Keynes Hospital, you will be expected to promote links between Oxford Cancer Centre Radiotherapy Department and the external oncology clinics we hold at Horton General Hospital, Banbury, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, Wycombe General Hospital, High Wycombe and Milton Keynes University Hospital, Milton Keynes.

As a department we are proud of our strong culture of learning and education and we support and encourage Radiographers to embark on, and undertake learning opportunities. We have 2 Radiographers funded by the University in early phase research as well as 2 in this late phase team. 4 radiographers have completed MSc level Review training and 3 Radiographers have qualified and been working as independent prescribers for over a year now. Several radiographers are currently working towards MsC qualifications.


Closing Date - 30-Nov-2018

No smoking policyPositive about disabled people

Applicant requirements

You must have appropriate UK professional registration.

This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.

Documents to download

To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).

Apply online now

Further details / informal visits contact

Carol Scott; Radiotherapy Services Manager on carol.scott@ouh.nhs.uk or telephone 01865235483